Sunday, December 2, 2012

Keep it Spiked ladies ;)

Hi Pinners!

Who loves heels? Better yet, who loves when you can take your old heels and make them look stylish and new again? I know, everybody (sorry men). Spikes are in ladies and they are ALL over Pinterest. Spike Bracelets, Spike Necklaces, Spike bags and my favorite, SPIKE HEELS!! But, heres the downfall...If you go to a store and try to buy these spiked heels, your wallet would shed a tear. So as I was Pinning away one day I saw this DYI Spike Heels and fell in love! Heres the tutorial!

You need
- 6 cone spikes (local craft store)
- A pair of leather/ suede heels
Dart Awl hole making tool (makes life way easier!)
- A screwdriver

How to
1. Look at the seam at the back of your heels and mark with pencil where you want the spikes to sit. You want the spikes to sit apart so that there isn't too much strain on the seam.

2. Using your hole making tool, push through the seam and wiggle to create a hole.

3. Push the screw through the hole, using a screwdriver to twist if it is difficult to get through.

4. Attach your spikes to the screw by twisting.

5. Use the screwdriver to tightly screw the studs on. Make sure the screws are flush with the leather so your the back of your heels don't get irritated.

diyspikeheels 


diyspikeheels2

And there you have it. Done. Simple. GORGEOUS.


spikeheels12


Keep it Spiked Ladies ;)

Bye Pinners! 

3 comments:

  1. DIY crafts give me so much inspiration. These heels are classy, affordable, and easy to do by myself. I would definitely try these. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great idea! Taking a boring pair of shoes and stepping it up, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cool. Those heels look dangerous haha. But, amazing. I enoyed reading these DIY blogs. I knew pinterest was out there but you brought it to me through blogging and now I see why everyone told me to get on pinterest. I bet you have a lot of cool thingd you made. Thank you for sharing this semester.

    ReplyDelete